Your browser does not support JavaScript!

Email us on

Commercial EPC North Camp - SAP EPC North Camp - DEC North Camp - Display Energy Certificate North Camp - SAP North Camp - Asbestos Report North Camp

Commercial EPC

Commercial Energy Performance Certificates North Camp

We can provide you with North Camp surveyors who are fully qualified for the level you require. We work for Commercial landlords, management agents and solicitors to carry out Non Domestic EPCs producing Energy Performance Certificates for commercial and industrial premises. We can provide you with a property survey in North Camp or the surrounding area, and with a free, no obligation quote.

Our North Camp EPC energy assessor will make site notes and take photographs. The assessor will draw floor plans if necessary by doing measurements of external and internal zones. This is done using the correct methodology. He or she collects evidence that we use as data entry for the Simplified Building Energy Model (SBEM) software. This will then produce the EPC rating and recommendations. Accreditation bodies regularly audit our assessors. This is to ensure the assessor is complying with the correct procedures and conventions.

All our North Camp assessors , are accredited through one or more of the following Government approved accreditation bodies: Quidos, Stroma, BRE, Elmhurst, ECMK, CIBSE, NHER, NAPIT, RICS, Sterling.

There are some types of commercial building that do not require an EPC. We will let you know what these are before giving you a quote. These include detached properties with low energy demand that are less than 50m². Places of worship and properties you plan to demolish. Also temporary structures with a planned use less than 2 years and low energy demand properties such as agricultural barns.

Commercial EPCs are valid for a ten year period, starting from the date the reports are produced. The Commercial EPC will determine the energy efficiency of a building or commercial unit. Commercial Certificates show similar ratings to Domestic properties from 'A' to 'G'. An 'A' rating being the most energy efficient and a 'G' rating being the least efficient. A Commercial EPC can be very useful when making an informed decision before purchasing or leasing premises. With these ratings, you can consider running cost factors and make comparisons with other similar properties. You will attract more buyers and potential tenants to your property, if it is cheaper to run. New Government rules coming into force in 2018 will determine if a property can be leased to new tenants. You may be unable to lease your property with an “F” or “G” rating following the April 1st 2018 deadline. It is a mandatory requirement for all domestic and commercial properties in North Camp and across the UK to have an EPC before they are marketed for sale or, in the case of rental property, before any prospective tenants are shown round.

The Energy Performance Certificate will have a considerable bearing on the letting market in the future. Read our news column for further information on this. Also read about a Tenant's right to request consent to energy efficiency improvements from April 2016. For more help on this see Government Guidelines on meeting Minumum Standards.

Display Energy Certificate DEC North Camp

For DEC reports, our North Camp energy assessor can provide you with the correct certificate to display on your public building. This will show the general public how energy efficient your premises are and they can compare this with other buildings in the area. The survey will take into account the way you use the building as well as the more material aspects of the building fabric, heating and lighting systems, insulation and general energy efficient measures that are being used. Public authorities must have a DEC for a building if the following are true. It’s at least partially occupied by a public authority (eg council, leisure centre, college, NHS trust). It has a total floor area of over 250 square metres. It’s frequently visited by the public. DECs last for one year for buildings with a total useful floor area more than 1,000 square metres.They last for ten years when the total useful floor area is over 250 square metres and up to 1,000 square metres.

Our Display Energy Certificate North Camp assessor will use Government approved software to create the report. In order to produce the DEC the energy assessor needs to know the gross internal floor area of the building and the operating hours together with actual meter readings or consignment notes for all fuels used during the year of assessment. It is, therefore, important for owners and occupiers of public buildings over 1,000m2 to maintain good records of fuel used. Adjustments may be made for occupancy, intensity of use, special energy uses, weather and climate. If the energy assessor does not have access to suitable and sufficient information then a DEC cannot be produced. The penalty for each breach is £500 for failing to display a DEC at all times in a prominent place clearly visible to the public and £1,000 for failing to have possession of a valid advisory report. In addition to these penalties, of course, it is still necessary to commission a DEC and an advisory report.

Asbestos Survey Reports North Camp

Asbestos containing materials (ACMs) may be present in any building in the UK constructed pre-2000. Although asbestos use in construction is most commonly recognised in the 1960s and 70s, buildings constructed before or after these dates may have had asbestos containing materials added up until the final outright ban in 1999. Under current legislation, there is a duty to manage asbestos in non-domestic premises. In order to manage asbestos, a survey will often be required. If you are purely looking to comply with legislation then you will require a Management Asbestos Survey. However, if you are looking to undertake refurbishment or demolition then you will require a more intrusive survey. If you are responsible for a property that falls into the following, then you are likely to be the duty-holder – remember that you may be the duty-holder even if you do not own the property.Non-domestic property: This property includes: offices, factories, shops, hotels, etc. As a rule: this includes anywhere that the public, employees, contractors, etc. may go. The current legislation applying to asbestos in non-domestic premises is The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012. For most people the essential parts of the regulations are Sections 4 and 10 (see above). If you are a duty-holder for the property under Section 4, you should comply with the regulations; failure to do so may carry stiff penalties. Apartment blocks and flats: Even though these may be thought of as being in the domestic realm, the regulations apply to the 'common areas' of such buildings. Therefore, areas likely to be covered by the regulations will include any public or shared space including the: roof, attic space, stairways, corridors, boiler rooms, lift shafts, meter cupboards, etc.; as well as the outside of the building, and any shared out-buildings (for example, garages).Buy to let: Owners of houses or flats that are let out on the basis that the owner maintains responsibility for repair and maintenance are also subject to The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012. We can provide you with an Asbestos Survey in the North Camp Area

SAP EPC North Camp Reports (Standard Assessment Procedure)

A SAP (Standard Assessment Procedure) is required for new build residential buildings. It is essentially a calculation for modelling your design and checking compliance with CO2 targets. SAP calculates a dwelling’s CO2 emissions, along with likely energy costs for space, water heating and lighting per square metre, producing a score between 1-100. The higher the number, the more energy efficient the property is. The SAP model is created using design drawings and is checked against building regulations (Approved Document Part L in England and Wales, and Technical Handbook Section 6 in Scotland). To show compliance on new builds, the Dwelling Emission Rate must be equal to or better (lower) than the target. A SAP is used to produce an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate), which is required before you can sell or rent the completed building. Make sure the EPC doesn't hold up your handover. A SAP may also be required for existing residential buildings that are being extended or renovated.

Ring us for a SAP EPC in North Camp, and we will give you a quote and answer any other questions you may have.